Manually Loading a Customize Layout
The benefit of a custom layout is that it can support your workflow. I found that I use my Scene tab far more than the Auxiliary Viewport. I use the Content Library rather than Smart Content. As you work, notice which tabs and panes you use most often. Where do you find yourself flipping back and forth between tabs? This is when you want to rearrange the layout. It is easy to rearrange tabs/panes. It is largely a matter of dragging and dropping.
The most important thing is to know which panes are referred to in a video, not where they are located. In the Resources and Extras Section of the class, the pdf, “Daz Studio Workspace for Shift Art,” will give you more information on the main tabs/panes. It also shows you how to customize, save, and load layouts. You can create more than one layout. Create one for adjusting your characters, one for loading whole scenes, and one for rendering.
People have requested the layout I use in some of the videos, so I am providing you with my basic layout. I’ve loaded the file to a OneDrive file here: Download.
Following are the directions for loading it.
Loading My Customized Layout
1. Download the folder to a place where you can find it, there should be 3 files in the folder: DAZ Script 2, DSX, and a png.
2. In your file browser (Window’s File Explorer: this is not the web browser, but the program you use to find and organize files on your computer.) Copy the 3 files that you downloaded.
3. In the browser window type this address:
C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\user layouts
This address is for Windows users. I apologize to Mac users. I don’t know the file structure to your Roaming data. BE SURE TO CHANGE “YOUR NAME” TO YOUR ACTUAL NAME OR THE NAME THE COMPUTER IS REGISTERED TOBEFORE YOU PRESS ENTER.
4. This should bring you to the user layouts folder for DAZ Studio. Paste the files into this user layoutsfolder.
5. Open DAZ Studio, the lay out should be in Windows>Workspace>Load Layout, select Wolfe Layout from the drop-down menu.