August 2021 Shift Art Photoshop Challenge is Closed!
Theme: Summer Postcards!
Special rules apply to this challenge. Please refer to the rules listed below, on this page.
Let’s play with creating a postcard this month. Whether it’s actually summer in your hemisphere, or you are dreaming of summer days, pretend that you want to send a postcard to a dear friend or relative. What would you like to send? Would it be from somewhere on your vacation travels? Or a lovely card from your location “wishing you were here”? What wistful image would you like to convey? Have fun with this- we can’t wait to see your creative mail!
Bethany’s Pro Tip: If you would like to work with a standard postcard size, start with a new PS document and choose 6” width and 4.25” height (15.24×10.8cm). That will give you a great proportion!
The winner of this challenge will receive an individual Summit of choice with Lifetime Access. All individual Summits are available for active Summit Members. This prize will give you lifetime access regardless of your membership level.
Top Runners Up Prize:
A Lightroom Presets Pack of Choice
First Runners up will receive a Lightroom Preset pack of choice from PSD Stack. The Lightroom presets are created by Bunty Pundir, a top Shift Art instructor and contributor. Bunty is also the creator of PSD Stack.
2nd Runners Up Prize:
Second runners up will receive a Texture collection pack of choice from CJM Texture Collection.
Below you will find the rules as well as the images to be used in your composition. Entries will be judged by Caroline Julia Moore, Bethany Perron, and Andrei Tallent.
Special Challenge Rules:
Special rules only apply to this specific challenge.
- The main subject must be one of the provided images.
- You must use at least one of the provided textures in your piece.
Standard Challenge Rules:
These general rules apply to all Shift Art Challenges.
- All entrants must be Shift Art members. Join for free here.
- Entries must be received by midnight on August 15, 2021 U.S. Pacific Time (UTC-8).
- You must use a minimum of three Pixabay images provided in the download packet.
- Previous challenge winners are welcome to participate in all challenges.
- Entries featuring violence, hate, pornography or any other content deemed inappropriate by the judged will be disqualified. The decision to disqualify an entry is entirely at the judges’ discretion and is not negotiable.
- You may use any of your own assets/images as long as they are under public domain, or if you have full commercial rights to them. This includes textures and overlays. See our article on finding images for ideas of where to find images.
- Only one entry per member, per challenge.
- Upload your entry image as a JPG with a width of 1200px on the longest side. Images with smaller dimensions will not be accepted. Maximum file size is 50Mb.
This challenge is closed.
You must be logged in to download the assets and participate in the challenge.
Pixabay images included as assets for this challenge:
Check out the images below for your creative piece!