January, 2019 Shift Art Photoshop Challenge is Closed!
Theme: Visions of the Future!With the new year in mind, let’s take a look into the future. Imagine yourself, your family, the human race, society, the world in the near or distant future. What will the world be like for your children and grand children as they mature into adults and have kids of their own? What will your life look like in 20 or 40 years? What will cities look like in 2119? Will humans colonize space? Terraform other planets? Will we encounter alien life forms? How will the appearance of advanced AI affect human kind? Let your imagination flow and create your vision of the future!
Top Prize: A Stock Image Pack of Choice from the Shift Art Shop!
Have You Seen the Model Stock Images at the Shift Art Shop!?
Runner(s) Up Prize:Runners up will receive a texture pack of their choice from Caroline Julia Moore Fine Art Textures & Elements Caroline has provided three textures for this challenge, all available in the download below. You will find these images in a separate folder in the download packet. You must use one (or more) of these images in your final piece.
The rules:Below you will find the rules as well as the images to be used in your composition. Entries will be judged by Caroline Julia Moore, Gail Edwards, and Andrei Tallent
- All entrants must be Shift Art members. Join for free here.
- Entries must be received by midnight on January 15, 2019 U.S. Pacific Time (UTC-8).
- You must use a minimum of three of the images provided in the download packet.
- You must use a minimum of one of the images provided by CJM Fine Art Textures & Elements.
- One of the images you use (from the images provided) must be the main subject of your work. Note: this is the most frequently overlooked rule – please follow it to enter the challenge.
- Previous featured artists are excluded from participating in the member challenge.
- Entries featuring violence, hate, pornography or any other content deemed inappropriate by the judged will be disqualified. Our decision to disqualify is entirely at the judges’ discretion and is not negotiable.
- You may use any of your own assets/images as long as they are under public domain, or if you have full commercial rights to them. This includes textures and overlays. See our article on finding images for ideas of where to find images.
- Only one entry per member, per challenge.