February, 2018 Shift Art Photoshop Challenge is Open!
The theme: The Eye!
This month the theme is The Eye. I’m tempted here to insert a variety of popular (and possibly cheesy) sayings about eyes, but let’s just stick to the fact that the human eye is probably the most important focal point in all of art! Read any photography/art book/blog/course and you’ll very likely find a treatise on how important the eye is – it must be in focus, it draws the viewer in, etc! Look back at portrait paintings throughout history and what are the subjects doing? Making eye contact of course!
So, let’s see where a focus on the human eye takes us this month!
Top Prize: Lightroom Made Easy with Phil Steele!
The winner and first runner up will receive a full membership to Phil Steele’s Lightroom Made Easy!
Phil Steele not only has a VAST knowledge of how to maximize Lightroom with any workflow, but his ability to convey this knowledge is outstanding!
Get ready to learn from a true expert. Enjoy 7 hours of video training!
About Lightroom Made Easy:
Are you able to quickly find a specific image you have in mind for a composition? Are you able to quickly sort through your textures for a specific color or designer?
Isn’t it time to dive in and finally learn how to maximize this part of your workflow with Lightroom?
Well, now is a perfect time to master Lightroom and get all your files organized! Get it set up right and you’ll have a system that will save you many hours of your valuable time for years to come.
Shift Art Members get 40% off the full price! Login to claim your discount.
The winner of this challenge will also have their artwork featured on the front page of Shift Art as well as on the header image of our private Facebook group!
Runner Up Prize:
Caroline’s collections are amazing, so please consider her store next time you need a cool texture!
Second runners up will receive a texture pack of their choice from Caroline Julia Moore Fine Art Textures & Elements (if you have recently purchased the Complete CJM Bundle, then you will receive the next Collection to be released soon)! Caroline has provided three textures for this challenge, all available in the download below. The elements provided by Caroline are from her Rainy Afternoon Collection. Visit Caroline Julia Moore Fine Art Textures & Elements.
Get Started Here!
You must be logged in to participate in this challenge. Login here.
Not a Member? Click here for your FREE account.
Free Shift Art account: Participate in monthly challenges, AND, access free tutorials!
Below you will find the rules as well as the images to be used in your composition. Entries will be judged by Andrei Tallent, Caroline Julia Moore, and Gail Edwards!
- All entrants must be Shift Art members. Join for free here.
- Entries must be received by midnight on Februry 15, 2018 U.S. Pacific Time (UTM-8).
- All entries must feature a human eye or two as the main subject of the composition.
- You must use a minimum of three (3) of the images provided.
- One of the images you use (from the images provided) must be the main subject of your work. – Note: this is the most frequently overlooked rule – please follow it to enter the challenge.
- Special rule: You must incorporate at least one of the textures from the CJM Fine Art Textures & Elements texture pack (included in the download packet).
- New rule: In the interest of fairness, previous featured artists are now excluded from participating in the member challenge.
- You may use any of your own assets/images as long as they are under public domain, or if you have full commercial rights to them. This includes textures and overlays. See our article on finding images for ideas of where to find images.
- Only one entry per person per challenge.
All images included on this page, and in the zip file for this challenge, were found Pixabay and are dedicated to the public domain.
Images included as assets for this challenge: