June, 2018 Shift Art Photoshop Challenge CLOSED!
The theme: The Mysterious _____ ! (fill in the blank…)
This month the theme is about creating a feeling of mystery. Tell a story with your image that invites the viewer to play along. Create an image that is missing an expected element, or perhaps includes an unexpected element. Get creative and explore the wonderful mystery of your own art!
Your Art Will Support The Dreaming Zebra Foundation
Once again we’ll be supporting The Dreaming Zebra Foundation which is a non-profit that enables children to express themselves through art, regardless of their circumstances. This is a truly outstanding organization and I hope you will join me in supporting their cause. To get this started, Shift Art pledges to donate $1 per qualified entry in this month’s challenge!
Top Prize: A Stock Photo Package from Hacked Pixel ($300 Value!)
The winner will receive a massive packet of stock images from Hacked Pixel.
The location stock images you’ll find below have been generously donated by Hacked Pixel, a new stock image site created by past featured artist and tutorial contributor, Clinton Lofthouse. You will find these images in a separate folder in the download packet. As a special rule this month, you must use one (or more) of these location images in your final piece.
Runner(s) Up Prize:
Runners up will receive a texture pack of their choice from Caroline Julia Moore Fine Art Textures & Elements Caroline has provided three textures for this challenge, all available in the download below. You will find these images in a separate folder in the download packet. You must use one (or more) of these images in your final piece.
Below you will find the rules as well as the images to be used in your composition. Entries will be judged by Andrei Tallent, Caroline Julia Moore, and Gail Edwards!
- All entrants must be Shift Art members. Join for free here.
- Entries must be received by midnight on June 15, 2018 U.S. Pacific Time (UTM-8).
- You must use a minimum of three of the images provided in the download packet.
- You must use a minimum of one of the images provided by Hacked Pixel.
- You must use a minimum of one of the images provided by CJM Fine Art Textures & Elements.
- One of the images you use (from the images provided) must be the main subject of your work. – Note: this is the most frequently overlooked rule – please follow it to enter the challenge.
- Previous featured artists are excluded from participating in the member challenge.
- You may use any of your own assets/images as long as they are under public domain, or if you have full commercial rights to them. This includes textures and overlays. See our article on finding images for ideas of where to find images.
- Only one entry per member, per challenge.
All images included on this page, and in the zip file for this challenge, were found Pixabay and are dedicated to the public domain, or were donated with permission by Hacked Pixel or CJM Fine Art Textures & Elements.
Hacked Pixel images included as assets for this challenge:
CJM Fine Art Textures & Elements images included as assets for this challenge:
Pixabay images included as assets for this challenge: