Stargazing by Parée Erica
Quick Tip from Full Tutorial:
Add Color Dynamics with Solid Color Fill Adjustment Layers.
One way to alter the color toning of your work is to stack Solid Color Fill adjustment layers. Try different opacities and blend modes. In this image, Parée creates a deeper blue with cyan tones by adding 2 layers. The 1st uses color 143b6f, set to Overlay at 60% opacity. The 2nd color is 1f8586, set to Soft Light at 80% opacity.
Here you can see the effect of this simple procedure:
Full Tutorial Preview:
In this tutorial, Parée Erica shows us how to create a wonderful scene featuring a boy and his teddy bear looking up at the full moon. You will learn how to create a drop shadow, enhance lighting and blend a sky into an existing landscape.
This tutorial contains written steps with screenshots.
What you’ll learn:
- Merging and blending images to create a composite.
- Adding shadows.
- Selections and layer masks.
- Refining selections with the smudge tool.
- Color Grading using Solid Color Fill adjustment layers.
- Painting light.
- Adding atmosphere with B&W adjustment layers.
- Using Optic Verve Labs Virtual Photographer filters.
Access this tutorial, plus 143 more: Join Base Camp!
Access our entire library of Base Camp Photoshop tutorials for life!Join Base Camp!
Already a Base Camp or Summit Member? Log in to view this!