February, 2019 Shift Art Photoshop Challenge is Closed!
Theme: Overcoming Struggle!
Life is not easy… This month we’ll have a look at those times in our lives where things were really tough; those times when we had to dig deep into ourselves to overcome something truly difficult.
Use your creativity to show the difficulties of life’s toughest moments, how you overcame them and grew or changed as a result.
Here are a few challenge prompts to get you started: What is/was your toughest life struggle? What were you faced with? What did you learn? Did you experience a shift in yourself on the other side of it? Do you look at life, yourself, the world differently now?
We look forward to seeing your entries!
Top Prize: A Stock Image Pack of Choice from the Shift Art Shop!
Have You Seen the Model Stock Images at the Shift Art Shop!?
Runner(s) Up Prize:
Runners up will receive a texture pack of their choice from Caroline Julia Moore Fine Art Textures & Elements. Caroline has provided three textures for this challenge, all available in the download below. You will find these images in a separate folder in the download packet. You must use one (or more) of these images in your final piece.
- All entrants must be Shift Art members. Join for free here.
- Entries must be received by midnight on February 15, 2019 U.S. Pacific Time (UTC-8).
- You must use a minimum of three Pixabay images provided in the download packet.
- You must use a minimum of one Shift Art Shop Model Stock images provided in the download packet.
- You must use a minimum of one of the images provided by CJM Fine Art Textures & Elements.
- One of the images you use (from the images provided) must be the main subject of your work. Note: this is the most frequently overlooked rule – please follow it to enter the challenge.
- Previous featured artists are excluded from participating in the member challenge.
- Previous challenge winners are welcome to participate in all challenges.
- Entries featuring violence, hate, pornography or any other content deemed inappropriate by the judged will be disqualified. Our decision to disqualify is entirely at the judges’ discretion and is not negotiable.
- You may use any of your own assets/images as long as they are under public domain, or if you have full commercial rights to them. This includes textures and overlays. See our article on finding images for ideas of where to find images.
- Only one entry per member, per challenge.
All images on this page, and in the challenge assets for this challenge, were found on Pixabay, donated with permission by Caroline Julia Moore Fine Art Textures & Elements, or supplied by the Shift Art Shop.
This challenge is closed!
You must be logged in to download the assets and participate in the challenge.
Shift Art Model Stock images included as assets for this challenge:
CJM Fine Art Textures & Elements images included as assets for this challenge:
Pixabay Images included as assets for this challenge:
Feel free to play with the images and come out with a piece that truly depicts your struggle in the life!