June, 2019 Shift Art Photoshop Challenge is Closed
Theme: Abstract!Let’s go abstract this month! Your challenge is to create something that does not have an obvious subject or story. Use patterns, colors and forms to develop motion and emotion. This may be an excellent opportunity for you to experiment with filters and plugins with abandon! Or, maybe use the PS brush for something other than masking? This theme is something completely different than what we usually do, and we truly look forward to seeing what your creativity brings forward!
$50 Shopping Spree at the Shift Art Shop!
Have You Seen the New Shift Art Shop?Visit the New Shift Art Shop!
Runner(s) Up Prize:Runners up will receive a texture pack of their choice from Caroline Julia Moore Fine Art Textures & Elements. Caroline has provided three textures for this challenge, all available in the download below. You will find these images in a separate folder in the download packet. You must use one (or more) of these images in your final piece.
The rules:Below you will find the rules as well as the images to be used in your composition. Entries will be judged by Caroline Julia Moore, Gail Edwards, and Andrei Tallent.
- All entrants must be Shift Art members. Join for free here.
- Entries must be received by midnight on June 15, 2019 U.S. Pacific Time (UTC-8).
- You must use a minimum of three Pixabay images provided in the download packet.
- You must use a minimum of one of the images provided by CJM Fine Art Textures & Elements.
- One of the images you use (from the images provided) must be the main subject of your work. Note: this is the most frequently overlooked rule – please follow it to enter the challenge.
- Previous featured artists are excluded from participating in the member challenge.
- Previous challenge winners are welcome to participate in all challenges.
- Entries featuring violence, hate, pornography or any other content deemed inappropriate by the judged will be disqualified. Our decision to disqualify is entirely at the judges’ discretion and is not negotiable.
- You may use any of your own assets/images as long as they are under public domain, or if you have full commercial rights to them. This includes textures and overlays. See our article on finding images for ideas of where to find images.
- Only one entry per member, per challenge.
- Upload your entry image as a JPG with a width of 1200px on the longest side. Images with smaller dimensions will not be accepted. Maximum file size is 50Mb.