March, 2018 Shift Art Photoshop Challenge is Closed.
The theme: Light!
This month the theme is light. The challenge this month will involve creating light in your pieces. Most of the images provided this month have very plain or diffuse lighting, and it’ll be up to you to make the lighting exciting, dramatic, other-worldly, or whatever you decide. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Top Prize: Lifetime Membership to Model Photos 4 Sale!
The winner will receive a full lifetime membership to Model Photos 4 Sale! ($249 value!)
Model Photos 4 Sale is owned by Colby, who is a top photographer specializing in artistic nudes, conceptual and fashion images. He is continuously updating his model stock site with new model images. With your Lifetime membership you’ll enjoy hundreds of images with full license, including future updates!
First Runner(s) Up Prize: One FREE month of Shift Art Summit!
The winner will receive a Free month access to Shift Art Summit.
Ever wish you could MASTER PHOTOSHOP and go deeper with it than you ever thought possible? Now you can with our one-of-a-kind four step learning system that will engage you like never before!
Second Runner(s) Up Prize:
Caroline’s collections are amazing, so please consider her store next time you need a cool texture!
Second runners up will receive a texture pack of their choice from Caroline Julia Moore Fine Art Textures & Elements (if you have recently purchased the Complete CJM Bundle, then you will receive the next Collection to be released soon)! Caroline has provided three textures for this challenge, all available in the download below. The elements provided by Caroline are from her Rainy Afternoon Collection. Visit Caroline Julia Moore Fine Art Textures & Elements.
Get Started Here!
You must be logged in to participate in this challenge. Login here.
Not a Member? Click here for your FREE account.
Free Shift Art account: Participate in monthly challenges, AND, access free tutorials!
Below you will find the rules as well as the images to be used in your composition. Entries will be judged by Andrei Tallent, Caroline Julia Moore, and Gail Edwards!
- All entrants must be Shift Art members. Join for free here.
- Entries must be received by midnight on March 15, 2018 U.S. Pacific Time (UTM-8).
- All entries must feature at least one new light source, or a heavily modified existing light source.
- You must use a minimum of three (3) of the images provided.
- One of the images you use (from the images provided) must be the main subject of your work. – Note: this is the most frequently overlooked rule – please follow it to enter the challenge.
- Special rule: You must incorporate at least one of the textures from the CJM Fine Art Textures & Elements texture pack (included in the download packet).
- New rule: In the interest of fairness, previous featured artists are now excluded from participating in the member challenge.
- You may use any of your own assets/images as long as they are under public domain, or if you have full commercial rights to them. This includes textures and overlays. See our article on finding images for ideas of where to find images.
- Only one entry per person per challenge.
All images included on this page, and in the zip file for this challenge, were found Pixabay and are dedicated to the public domain.
Images included as assets for this challenge: